Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eight & Nine - Dark Hours

The last two days are a perfect example of not being able to recall what I "did".  I mean, it's not like I sat on the couch all day.  It's just that I didn't really do anything of consequence, hence it doesn't stick in my brain, hence, I can't recall what I did.  So when I try to recount, it feels like I completely lost two days of my life.

Fortunately, that's not the case.  Monday was pretty chill.  I think I just did some cleaning around the house in the anticipation of some possible poker (which did not end up panning out).  I also confirmed that my Honda was in fact leaking a little bit of fluid onto the driveway.  The funny thing is that I thought it was from the plumber's visit last week.  I never saw his car, but I assumed a plumber would have an old truck and assumed that old truck would be leaking oil in my driveway.  (I don't even know if he parked in the driveway).  I only noticed because sometime in the last couple of weeks I cleaned up the driveway a bit and now I can park in a different spot.  Who knows how long I've been leaking fluid(s) and how long it would have taken me to notice if I just parked in the same spot all the time.

Anyway, that takes me to Tuesday.  First thing I did was drop the car off at the mechanic down the street (which is quite convenient). It turns out I was leaking fluid from the clutch slave cylinder and I also needed a radiator hose replaced.  That actually grounded me for most of the day so I cleaned a bit more, worked a little more on the polo scoreboard project (making some good progress there) and after picking up the car I went for a short MTB ride.  So, nothing monumental, and nothing really worth mentioning when someone asks "So, what did you do today?"

Even this post isn't worth tagging with a label...

No comments: