Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Quick Test and a Couple of iPod Comments...

So, I am mostly doing this to test out the email functionality that I enabled.  I actually stumbled upon it when checking out the Bolog on fixpert.  I poked around Blogger for a couple of minutes and I found it.  So, I am in Gmail right now typing an email to my secret Blogger address. 

Anway, if this works, I want to ask all of you out there about iTunes 4.9.  I haven't upgraded from 4.7 because I figure, it it ain't broke...

But they seem to be trying to draw everyone in with this Podcasting thing.  I am just wondering if it's any good.  It seems like a neat idea.  If anyone has any experience, please leave a comment.  Does this mean I will need a bigger Pod?

This actually brings me to another point.  Since I got my iPod (only 7 months ago) I have become increasongly impressed with Apple and their product/pricing structure.  It seems that they are always adjusting their available products to hit certain price points and remove redundant products.

When the 20 Gig iPod came out, they discontinued the 15 Gig...and now that the 60 gig is the same price that the 40gig used to be, instead of pricing the 40 gig in between the two, the got rid of it.  I also guess that their market research told them that the whole color thing is taking off so they are done with the 30 gig and our only options for a new iPod are a 20 gig iPod photo or a 60 gig iPod photo. 

It's a race to see who will take over the world first, Google or Apple.  Apple is doing well, but I still have my money on Google.

-peace.

No comments: