Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting Ready for an 18 Hour Race

Well, as you know, I have been in Japan for the past couple of weeks, almost 3 actually. During that time I rode several commuter bikes that were way too small for me and Johanna graciously loaned me her MTB for a huge mountain climb. Other than that I have done basically no riding. I got home 7 days ago and I have attempted to ride 5 of those days. I say attempted becuase two of those rides were foiled by bike problems...messed up rear deraileur cable and broken saddle. This is the first time I have ever snapped clean through a saddle rail!

Well, in three days I will be taking part in an 18 hour race and I have to say...I am a little bit concerned. Suer I am riding with 3 other people, but it's never easy to ride hard for a couple of hours, sleep for a few, then ride hard again. I may try to squeeze in one more ride in the two days I have left. I can't really build any fitness but I can hopefully remind my body what it's like to ride and try to keep my legs fresh.

So, 3 weeks off, then 3 real rides...wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck dude! Let us know how it goes!

Johanna said...

Wassup! Alright, it is friday morning for you! THe race is coming! What time does it start? You will kick butt. laters, J

James G. said...

It starts at 4pm on Saturday and ends at 10 AM on Sunday.

reef said...

Good luck man! And post some Japan pictures!

James G. said...

The race is over, I am very tired. I'll be posting a recap soon.

I'll get some more Japan pics up too.

-J

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »