Friday, February 04, 2005

Dreads no more

Okay, okay...so I knew that dreads were not going to be easy. Sure, when people see you with dread the first thing that they see is the dreads. Do you think I care about that...No, not really. What I do care about is a hairstyle that is pretty impractical for me.

  • I have to sleep with something on my head to keep things nice and neat.
  • I have to twist my hair all friggin day, which means I have to wash my hands about 30 times a day or my keyboard and mouse will be covered in wax.
  • I can't shampoo my hair until they lock up.
  • I still haven't figured out how I am going to wear a bike helmet with dreads.
  • I have to spend about 45 minutes in the morning retwisting my hair to bring them "back to life" from sleeping on them.

Just too much work for me. I would rather spend the time fixing my bike or tweaking my mini-z's. So, in an hour or so I am going to wash my hair, go to the barber and be back to the simple (clean) life.

No comments: