Monday, January 17, 2005

...but if you really do want to know...

I have been racing small Radio Controlled cars. I think I have definately picked up a new hobby.

First I started with a couple of 1/10 scale trucks. An electric Rustler and a Stampede.


These things are FUN! but there is only so much you can do by yourself in a softball field. They can get up to about 30 MPH and they are great for bashing around construction sites or in a backyard but without competition it gets pretty boring pretty fast. I think down the line I may get rid of these. It may not be worth the money it takes to keep these running.

When I was in the hobby shop looking for parts for the Rustler, I saw these. They are Mini-Z's.

There was a track in the shop that they use to run races three times a week. I usually get out to race once or twice a week. The first car I got was a Corvette.

The coolest thing about these mini-z's is that they are small enough that the parts are cheap but they are big enough and fast enough that the upgrades really do make a difference. Don't get me wrong...in the end, it's how well you can drive them but you've gotta have the right basic setup after that it's just fluff and bling.

No comments: