Monday, September 25, 2006

Don't wear your shorts more than once!

I was in the bike shop the other day and some guy came in to buy a new pair of shorts...pretty standard stuff. He was saying something about having three pairs and he doesn't get to wash them every week so they get a little funky. Then he did that thing where your like...

"Heh, you know how guys are, you just smell them to see if their clean. It's not like girls who wash everything, then put them away and they always have clean stuff."


I was doing my best to not look at him like he was some sort of freak of nature. Doing repeats with your bike chamois is a straight, fast road to swamp crotch. I didn't think it was my place to correct him since he certainly had his own way of doing things. The bike shop employee did enough when he said "You are a braver man than me!"

Maybe the guy wears briefs under his shorts. Who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm not quite ready to retire. All I can say here is Eeeewwww! And briefs with a chamois...?

Michelle said...

I'm grossed out...