Monday, July 17, 2006

Why do I do this to myself?

Do you ever make bad decisions and know that they are bad while you are making them, but continue to make them anyway?

So, I am flying out for Japan at 6 AM on Thursday morning. I figure I should start settling into an earlier wakeup schedule (currently~9AM) so it doesn't hurt so bad on Thursday. Well I was hangin gout last night (Sunday) and I went home around 10:00. When I got home, I called a friend of mine to settle riding plans for the next day and he mentioned that he was playing poker with a couple of folks and they would be playing for another hour or so...

Mistake 1:

Getting in the car to go play poker.

So I played for about an hour and two of the players left (and I should have too), but I decided to stick around for another short round.

Mistake 2: Not going home at 11:45.

By the time I got home, it was 1:30AM and I was nowhere near my goal of getting up at 7:00 with a decent night's sleep. So now it's Monday, and I am tired. Maybe I'll make some better decisions today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's because you are a bad person. Plain and simple. Instead of playing poker you could have been building a new shredder. Ever think of that?

Are you glad that i am living on the other side of the world yet?

:)

James G. said...

The worst part is that I lost $4.50. Poker is so much more fun when you win.

Anonymous said...

That's so dumb. That's not a bad decision at all. Sure not being that awake at 7:00 sucks a bit but you never never get a chance to play a game of poker like that one or become better friends with those particular people in that situation. If you had said you stayed in at 10:00 or even left early that would have been the bad decision.