Friday, July 15, 2011

Two New Projects

I hesitate to announce new projects because...well...sometimes they just don't get finished.  I feel pretty good about these two (admittedly, I usually "feel pretty good" about every project) so I am going to go ahead and put them on the table.

They are pretty abstract right now, so this will be short.

The first, is a high tech bike polo scoreboard.  You would think that it would be pretty easy for 6 players to keep track of a game that only goes to 5 points.  But, put a few all out sprints in there, a couple of PBR's and after several games...scorekeeping is hopeless.  I am planning on driving the score keeper with a popular hobby microcontroller (Arduino) and putting the whole setup (countdown timer and scores) in some sort of enclosure.  I've got a lot of the code written and an Arduino Nano sitting on my desk but I am still waiting for some components to get across the country before I can really start building and testing the prototype.

The second is pretty straightforward...I started it once before but only made it about half way through.

One Hundred Pushups

I'll do the test today and start on the actual routines Monday.

Just did the test and pounded out 24 good pushups...which lets me skip ahead to week 3 according to the website.  YES!

No comments: