Thursday, May 26, 2005

I think I am in over my head

For a little change of pace I decided to try something that I haven't done in a while (maybe ever). I was a little bummed about my mountain bike being out of commission (that's another story...maybe later) and I just wanted something to do as I watched the recently released DVD of Season2 of The Chappelle Show, so why not a puzzle.

I was in the puzzle aisle at Toys R Us and there was a decent selection...Kids puzzles, 3D puzzles, Adult puzzles (That's 12+, not puzzles of nude ladies!). The serious puzzles started at around 500 pieces, then there were 750 pieces and the uber puzzles were 1000 pieces. Well, I felt like I would be a punk if I didn't go with the THOUSAND PIECE PUZZLE! The age was 12+ (and I am way older than 12) so I figured "How hard could it be?"

First, here is what the finished product should look like.

I knew I was in trouble when I had to break out a steak knife to get the box open.

After about an hour, I finally got most of the pieces flipped over so I could get an idea of what the heck I was in for. By that time Homer was really interested.

Yay, first two pieces connected! It only took about four and a half episodes of Dave Chappelle to get this far...not bad.

By midnight (started around 9) this is how far I had gotten.

I am going to guess about 50 pieces, maybe. Two hours of puzzling ( I am not counting the hour of setup) and 50 pieces...at that rate it should only take me another 38 hours to get the remaining 950 pieces put together.

I hope I get better at this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I'm sure you're doing better than most people.