Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Roots Retrospective (Part II): Illadelph Halflife

Wow! It looks like I need to do a little more homework.  My awakening must not have happened until 1999 with Things Fall Apart.

Here's the track list:

"Intro"
"Respond/React"
"Section" "Panic!!!!!!!"
"It Just Don't Stop"
"Episodes" (featuring Dice Raw)
"Push Up Ya Lighter" (featuring Bahamadia)
"What They Do" (featuring Raphael Saadiq)
"? vs. Scratch (The Token DJ Cut)"
"Concerto of the Desperado"
"Clones" (featuring Dice Raw & M.A.R.S.)
"UNIverse at War" (featuring Common)
"No Alibi"
"Dave vs. Us"
"No Great Pretender"
"The Hypnotic" (featuring D'Angelo)
"Ital (The Universal Side)" (featuring Q-Tip)
"One Shine" (featuring Cassandra Wilson & Joshua Redman)
"The Adventures in Wonderland (performed by Ursula Rucker)" "Outro"

I have heard a few of these tracks but not enough to say that I can really recommend the premier tracks off of this one.  The (unedited) video for What They Do is pretty clever and from what I know of the tracks I have heard...I think I've been missing out.  Damn!

Next Up...Things Fall Apart

No comments: